Tuesday, September 9, 2008

We are breaking the "car curse!

I'm sure many of you are thinking that it was inevitable that we would have our cars broken into in the "hood" eventually, but the sad thing is that this is the FIFTH car incident we've had since we've been married! My car was stolen in San Antonio years ago right after we moved there for med school. Then when we lived in the nicest neighborhood we've ever lived in, we had both our cars broken into and all our CDs stolen. About 3 years ago, Randy's car was stolen in that same neighborhood. Well, this time I was STUPID and basically posted a sign inviting a drug seeker to get some easy cash. We had this great little GPS that Randy's mom had given him for his birthday and in my haste to get in the house Saturday p.m. I forgot to bring it in. So it was lit up at night just waiting for someone to take it. Unfortunately, they also broke into Ms. Murray's car too, which made us really sad. She just kept saying that she's never had anyone bother her car in all her 60+ years here. Here's the good news (and obvious evidence that God is INCREDIBLY gracious to me): I had been taking some pictures for some friends of ours that night and had left my VERY nice telephoto lens (given to me by my mother-in-law) and my PURSE in the back of the suburban. PRAISE JESUS it was still there!! They never even opened the car doors. God is good.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Oh, I'm rejoicing with you about the purse and the camera!! And I remember those incidents with the car in the "nice" neighborhood . . .and I think if I remember right the doors were not locked? I remember then thinking you were nuts for not being more safe! ha!

Rachel said...

so sad :( im so glad your lens and purse were safe! praise God!