Saturday, September 6, 2008

Randy's journey

Here's my summary of my experience of the whole birth control saga. Anda said, "I think we should stop using birth control." I said, "OK, as long as abstinence is not an option."

Seriously, Anda is a little worried that she may have offended people with her novella. So I am offering a brief, non-offensive and condensed version of her story in the following haiku:

Kids like winter snow
God invites us to his joy--
We run out of beds.

It really probably doesn't help anyone to feel less judged or offended, but I had fun writing it.

I think we are learning a lot through this whole process, but we don't think we've got it all figured out. If anyone reading this blog feels judged, please don't. We are on a journey that is making us think all kinds of crazy things. If we were going to start judging, we would be stuck judging ourselves about so many things, that we'd honestly never really get around to judging you. Just wait until I start blogging about the other stuff I'm starting to question.

Praise God for his grace.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

randy - you crack me up. a perfect example of how many words a woman uses vs. how many a man uses! :) from Rachel, your blog's biggest fan and most faithful reader

Charlotte said...

OK. I think reading your blog could possibly qualify as a part-time job. :) I LOVE you people. I think you have been blessed with some very cool kids, and I think the world will be a better place still if God chooses to bless you with more.
Love, cc
P.S. Anda, QUIT worrying about what people THINK!

Kristen said...

Anda,
I don't know if you or Randy remember me but somehow I just found your blog. Please email me at wego2gether@msn.com. I would love to thank you more personally for your last few posts.
Kristen (Cottier) Brown