Monday, September 8, 2008

I just put Isaac down about 10 minutes ago. I spanked him about 7 minutes ago. Malachi is crying. Someone is blowing a whistle. McKenna should be doing homework, but instead is wandering around looking for a lost fleece in case she gets cold in school tomorrow. Luke called me to tell me Josiah was off his bed. I just reflexively went to Isaac's bed to give him a spanking, and he said, "Dad, why aw you spanking me? I didn't get off my bed." I apologized and asked Josiah why he got off the bed. It was because Isaac was throwing his doll at Luke, so Luke threw his doll across the room, then Josiah (who was engrossed in a book and had no idea what was going on) got up to get Isaac his doll. I told them not to throw dolls anymore.
Anda's at a Bible study tonight to learn how to be a good mom, but I guarantee you I'm learning more tonight about being a good mom than she is. I have decided I'm a terrible mom, and I'm ok with that.
Malachi is still crying. I'd better stop writing. Too bad, too, because I was hoping to try my hand at a haiku about rain.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Sorry we missed the rain haiku. Maybe you'll try again later. Meanwhile, you did entertain me!

And I think you're a pretty great mom! I mean that in the most respectful way possible.