Tuesday, September 2, 2008

From beside Isaac's bed

I'm writing this from beside Isaac's bed, that way I can catch him as soon as he gets out of bed. (Less stuff gets destroyed that way.) The problem is that he's not quiet. In fact nobody is quiet. While I was writing the last 2 sentences I heard 6 of the 8 voices in my family from at least 3 different rooms. (If I had answered any of them my voice would have made 7, so I think I'll just keep on quietly typing and hope the voices fade off.)

Sunday our pastor encouraged us to get watches that beep every hour to remind us to turn our hearts back to Jesus regularly through the day. It's been helpful. I just get frustrated that my attention span is only 3 seconds long. I'm hoping it will get better. Maybe I need a watch that beeps every minute.

Don't you just love my wife? This is really her blog, I'm just writing here because I'm too lazy to create my own. I hope you don't mind. I figure it may help if we both try to document our life together. It's sort of like a shared journal, open to strangers.

Well, Isaac's playing with a wooden sword chanting a nonsensical mantra about something I can't quite decipher. He just told me, "Dad, I almost went through my crack." I'm hoping he's talking about falling off the side of his bed which is next to the wall, and not some unfortunate incident with the sword. I'm getting sleepy, but he doesn't seem to be. I think I'll give up for now and leave the room. I'll keep the paddle in my pocket just in case.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

I love your Isaac stories...b/c I can relate. :) Yes, I love your wife. (I think you are pretty cool too.) Love the 60 minutes idea. Thanks for sharing. cc