Friday, September 26, 2008

nothing significant to say

The thing about a blog is that it really works best if you write on it daily. The problem is that some days I just don't have anything profound to say. I'm sitting with my kids watching some cartoon about a bear with the sniffles. It's not exactly stirring my mind to think deep, heart-stirring thoughts. Actually, I'm tired enough that I don't know if I can even type anything coherent.

Tomorrow I'm taking Josiah and Luke to a friend's ranch to shoot guns and do guy stuff. The problem is that we don't own any guns. We'll probably just watch the other guys shoot their guns. That should be fun.

Anda is out with friends for a birthday party. I miss her. It's been five minutes already.

Well, I told you I didn't have anything significant to say. You didn't believe me, did you? You thought for sure there would be some witty or profound statement about life or parenthood or how to save the world and restore the nation's economic stablility, but alas, there's nothing. You should believe me next time and just skip down to re-read Anda's novel about why we've decided to keep having kids until the older ones put us in the nursing home.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Couldn't you at least come up with a haiku or something?!?!

Trisha said...

Yes, I like the idea of a daily haiku.

Charlotte said...

Poor you. No gun.