Thursday, June 18, 2009

update from Thursday

Well, it's 4 a.m. in Uganda and so I wanted you all to have the praise and prayer requests before their day starts over there!  I will give you the general stories that Randy shared today, but I must confess that I think I missed several details in the midst of my "fuzzy" cell phone and crying children!  :)  This a.m. they enjoyed worship with the team at Restoration Gateway with African music and drums (he sounded like this was cool).  A lady who has been an evangelist for 30 years there shared and then called on "the leader of the Mighty Men" to share tomorrow, so pray that the very words of God would flow from his mouth as he tells about the MM and what God is doing.  They worked at RG this a.m. doing various things like chopping down 6-foot-high grass with machetes, making bricks, working on plumbing, etc.  Again, he said that the MM did great and enjoyed it all!  Following a downpour, which was helpful for cooling them off, they headed to a neighboring village (got to walk across a river and everything - :)).  As they were going, they met two men, shared the gospel with them and they received Christ!!  When they reached the village, they met a family with three children who all ended up getting saved.  I was so excited because this a.m. I thought I sensed God saying that there would be a village they were supposed to go to and a boy would be saved that would have a significant impact on the kingdom of God.  I wasn't real confident it was the Lord, but prayed about it anyway.  When I mentioned this to RB, he said right away "It's the three-year-old boy."  He said he sensed the whole time they were praying for them that this boy had something special in his future!!  Praise God!!  Please don't ignore ANY promptings you may get from Holy Spirit about prayer - God takes our stopped up ears and feeble attempts and answers prayer because He is a GREAT GOD!!  Share what you're hearing - I was too chicken this a.m.!! 
Anyway, he wants us to continue to pray for perseverance for the boys as they will be working again tomorrow at RG.  Saturday they will be doing a basketball camp for some school children and want this to go well.  Also pray that God will continue to move as they visit more villages and share the gospel.  He still says that everyone is just doing great and he sounds happy as a pig wallowing in the mud!  As he was talking to me this afternoon, it was night over there and he just keeps mentioning the view:  millions of stars with lightning flashing all around.  Glory of God is beautiful!
Thank you for all your prayers - they are making a HUGE difference!!

love,
anda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for the team each day! Our kids love reading the updates. We are excited to worship at Christ Fellowship with all of you next Sunday. I'm anticipating lots of celebration! Allison said this morning that if Uncle Randy ever goes back to Africa, she wants to go with him. I told her I think he will :).
Holly