Saturday, June 20, 2009

saturday update

Hey everyone!  I talked to Randy this afternoon while driving and so now I'm relying on my memory - bad idea, but I'll do my best!    This a.m. they did a basketball camp for some kids and it sounded like there were kids in and out of RGateway all day.  This afternoon they went into a nearby village and shared the gospel.  19 people gave their lives to the Lord!!  Praise God!  He still wants us to pray that every person on the team will have a chance to lead someone to Christ while there.  Tomorrow they will have church - some there and some in a different village.  He wants us to pray that he will have wisdom in making some decisions tomorrow about letting people stay behind when they make a hike across the river again if they are too tired.  I think that would be the primary request that I was hearing from him today.  They are all really exhausted and it's beginning to show.  :)  He had a three hour "show down" with one of our sweet MM today over refusal to obey, one of them was packing to go home, and the others are starting to bicker a bit.  They have also decided that they're hungry and maybe done with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  Perhaps a little culture shock?  It makes me laugh and smile just to write this.  He said they are still doing amazingly well!  He pointed out that he's got seven boys who have hardly travelled anywhere hiking through Uganda into villages with half-naked people living in huts!  Just pray for them!!  He said he can totally tell that people are praying and is hoping that tomorrow they'll "turn a corner!"  He said that the adults are doing a wonderful job and he thinks they haven't really had time to break down because they know that they have to keep loving, supporting, etc. the Mighty Men!
He cannot say enough good things about Restoration Gateway!  The leaders are wonderful and have been speaking life into these guys everywhere they go.  In fact, when Randy was through speaking about the MM yesterday a.m., a man came up to him and asked if it was okay if he started a MM group there in Uganda!!  Amen!  
Thanks also for praying for Malachi!  Aside from the fact that he's been crying for the last hour because he's really grumpy (lots of ulcers), I can tell that he's getting better.  Dr. Petta let me know that it was just a case of herpes and that we were probably on the downhill slide!  Pray for SLEEP tonight!  Okay, the cops just showed up at my door.  My five-year-old dialed 911!  Never a dull moment around here!!  Have mercy- this whole deal is making me thankful that I'm not a single mom!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

oh Anda! such exciting news from Uganda. sorry about the 911 call - why did she do that!? Praying for SLEEP!!!