Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday update

We're still at Lake Brownwood and will head home tomorrow - I have mixed feelings about this!  Ha!  Here's the update sent out today:
Hello prayer warriors!  Again, I want to thank all of you for praying!  We heard many exciting little stories today of knocking down termite mounds, chopping a black mamba in half, and holding a chameleon while it was changing colors (Josiah and Jordan are in boy heaven)!  Randy said that today he began to see more of the "old" Mighty Men emerge - they're are becoming less intimidated and a little more comfortable!  LOL!  Pray that they will continue to obey, work hard, etc.  Tomorrow they will be doing a basketball camp in the a.m. and going out to a village to do evangelism in the afternoon.  Please pray for a revelation of Jesus and that people will come to the Lord!  He also wanted us to pray that the team, esp the boys, will get to be in a Ugandan's home.  So far the team is healthy and relationships are going well among team members.  Thank God and continue to pray for these things!
On a personal note, my husband insisted today that I ask for prayer again for me and the kids (and all the other moms!).  Baby has a funky virus which led to no sleep last night and it's looking like the same again tonight unless the Lord does a miracle (PLEASE PRAY!).  We have been and are continuing to experience some very difficult discipline issues with one of our children and it leaves me emotionally and mentally exhausted.  Bottom line is that we just need JESUS!  I have seen God answer prayer after prayer over the past week - faith is just low tonight.  It is so comforting to know that we are surrounded and upheld by the prayers of the saints.
 
Love to you all!  Can't wait to tell you more stories of what God is doing tomorrow!

Anda

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Anda, I want to thank you for the prayer updates and for the postings on the blog. I know that finding time to write has to be difficult, but I so look forward to any information about everyone in Africa.

I am praying for the team and the boys this morning. Praying that the basketball camp will be a huge blessing. I can imagine all the smiles already.

I am also praying that the men will be able to enter someones home today. It was wierd when I read that, forgetting for a moment that women are not highly regarded there. Our world is so messed up and I am glad there are people like the team and the Nighty Men who want to make it better.

I am praying for their safety. For their joy and their hearts to love on others. For their eyes to be open to all the possiblities that God is putting before them. I am praying for the hearts of the Mighty Men and that they will be changed forever. I sit here and wonder what they will be in ten years, fifteen years. I know this will be huge for them as they look back, but I keep thinking that this trip is just part of what they look back on. I keep thinking the biggest thing that they are going to look back upon is not the trip itself but how this man loved them so that he made this come together for them. Love can do alot of things and I don't think this is the best but part of the best.

Praying for you. You definitely have your hands full. Keeping everyone informed and being mom to , oh I forget how many. Six if you include Gracie. I know there is not enough of you to go around and there is not enough time in the day to get it done. Praying for Peace for you today in a big and mightly way. Praying for strength and rest. Wouldn't it be cool if when you got home today that all of the kids came to you and said mom we feel like a nap. Talking with Moriah this morning, I don't think that will happen but I am praying for rest in your day. Praying for all the other moms as well. I know you miss your husbands and husbands are missing their wives. It is an incredible gift of sharing your families during this time. May God bless you all for it.

I don't know all of the Mighty Men and I so wish I did. I hear so many stories about you all. I am praying for you to be open to what God wants of you on this day. Tomorrow I will pray what he wants for you on that day. There is something for today that He wants and I want you to see it, hear it and do it. Know that you are a mission not for yourselves but for God and there is nothing above that. Love you and praying for you all. And by the way.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KINDRA NEEDHAM!!! What a way to spend a birthday. I keep thinking of you standing at the car and crying when you talked of leaving your family to do this. I hope the boys realize that it is not easy leaving your family. I want them to see it and Know it. You wanted this for them though. Grateful that your family let you go because I have heard many times already that you have and are being a huge blessing on this trip. I have heard about your leadership and the way you have helped. Dale is quite impressed. Rita has told everyone. Love you and hope you have a great and wonderful day.

Dale, Rita misses you beyond words. You are never the same when she is gone and she is not the same when you are gone so it is time to come home. She told me how she cried when you left. She is happiest after a phone call from you. Joshiah she told me about talking to you. Her face lights up when she talks about you. Randy there are no words in the vocabulary to describe her heart when she talks of you. No words. Love you.

Melissa said...

Kindra, I was just now talking to David and he told me about spraining your ankle and on your birthday. Earlier today, someone else told me they were getting to old to do certain things and I laughed because you told David the same thing. I hope you at least scored a goal. Anda was right. He doesn't want this trip to be good but we are praying for you all. Hope your ankle is better by the end of the day and I am sorry you couldn't go into town. Praying for the safety of the entire team. May there be no more accidents. You know I have been hearing of the way Kindra has been such a huge blessing and help on the trip. OF course he wants to slow her down, but he forgets who we trust. Just watch what God does with Kindra.