Friday, June 5, 2009

another update

Sorry for all of these updates, but getting people to pray today was (and still is) a huge deal! I am so laughing at my sweet husband - I would've probably gone at this from the angle of letting the boys make up whatever they needed to in the month of July. But Randy has almost gotten approval from all the powers-that-be to take a certified teacher to Uganda with them to do summer school every morning while they're there! Whatever it takes! That's why I love him - he thinks big and definitely outside the box! We believe that this solution and the favor that he has received from all the administrators he has talked to are a direct result of the prayers of the saints! Thanks so much! I'm really beginning to wonder if maybe all of this happening doesn't really have anything to do with the Uganda trip and more to do with us re-examining the boys' education. I don't know. What I DO know is that God is good and there is more than enough grace to walk in whatever He has planned. This has been a very hard, but sweet, week with Jesus. Motherhood is HARD. But I don't think I've ever walked in a place of dependence like this week. It made today's thing with the MM seem like a bummer, but not an impossibility. We cranked up Hillsong's "Mighty to Save" this a.m. and worshipped and prayed to the God who does move mountains! Oh, and this was cool. When McKenna found out about D'Leeland this a.m., she went in and woke up Josiah and I guess they had a little meeting about today. They fasted on their own all day today for the MM (they'll break it with dinner tonight). Josiah fasted last week too with very little complaining. I'm so proud of them! I could tell more about my children and their prayers this week, but that will be another post!
We're going out for Randy's b'day with a few friends in a couple of hours. It will be good to laugh and eat lots of bread and pasta at Macaroni Grill! (maybe I'll get to talk to my husband - we haven't gotten to say much to each other today! there's grace for this too)

2 comments:

Trisha said...

I panicked for a moment, thinking I'd forgotten Randy's birthday. Then I decided you must be celebrating early, because my baby brother's birthday is on "JUNE THE MONTH" and I will never forget that. I hope your early birthday dinner was fabulous!
Meanwhile, we are praying and excited to see the creative solution the Lord and his Mighty Dr. Brown come up with! It will be good!
I could go with you on a rampage about a system that has allowed these boys to get to this point, but that wouldn't be helpful. I'm praying for God to reveal what THESE boys need regarding their education. Marva Collins is on my mind!!! Do you think a boarding school in Odessa is too far out of the realm of possibility? Hmm...

Melissa said...

Anda, I just love reading about your family. The way Mckenna and Josiah had their meeting and decided to fast. Your kids are just pretty amazing. And so are you and Randy. I tell everyone stories about you. Miram and I sit on the porch when I get out to walk the dogs and she always asks is there anything new with Randy and Anda? Your family is so rare and I keep thinking about the talk you and Randy had in the den with Rita the night of graduation. I am just...well, you have my deepest respect. And I would take two weeks vacation to keep your kids if you ever needed it. I miss them. I love being with them. So please give them a hug for me.