Wednesday, October 22, 2008

my boys

Aside from being a really wimpy teether (big top tooth number two is now in, praise the Lord), this baby is just full of joy almost all of the time! (his joy tends to wane when his 2-year-old brother is on top of him or if he's not getting food into his fat belly fast enough!)

I just had to take this pic of these guys yesterday after their haircuts - such a picture of their very different personalities. Luke always wants the spikes as high as he can get them with LOTS of gel and Josiah NEVER wants gel or spikes. Luke is Mr. Sensitive (about his own pain, but for that of others as well :)) and Josiah is all about logic. In fact, if you want to see this guy REALLY stressed out then ask him to do some creative writing project. He is SO left-brained, it's scary - I really can't relate. So my older three have it worked out pretty well: McKenna is my melancholy, dramatic, can-write-a-story-or-a-song-at-the-drop-of-hat girl, Josiah helps her out with all that math and looks at her in bewilderment wondering why she cries so much about various traumas in her life (they seem to be increasing these days!), while Luke just helps everyone feel a little more passionately about everything! I love how God has knitted this family together. He knows exactly what we need! :)

2 comments:

Kendra said...

I love hearing these summaries of your sweet boys. I love how especially the older two have grown and matured over the years that I've known them. I, too, LOVE how God puts just the right combo of personality perks and quirks into a family unit. Life is never dull, that's for sure.

I'm off to the homeland out west tomorrow morning with my whole clan (including the younger sis and baby girl!). I'll think of you and give your parents a hug if I see them on Sunday!

Rachel said...

I love hearing how everyone fits together perfectly to make the Brown family! Thats too funny about the haircuts and their personalities ......great pictures!