Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm still alive!

Okay, here I am. I just haven't felt like I had anything brilliant to write about and so the lull in our blog. And really. Who can top my husband's poetry and creative culinary creations? :)

I went to Canton last weekend for a break at a scrapbooking bed and breakfast. It was SO wonderful to be able to sleep when I felt like it and eat food that someone else had cooked and NOT have to clean up anything but my own little mess for a couple of days. If I wasn't such an incredible hormonal mess at the moment, it would have been perfect! I know, none of you want all the details and I'm actually not going to give them, but let's just say that I've been sad, weepy, and feeling sort of physically YUCKY for about two weeks now! Clearly, it's my hormones trying to get back on some sort of schedule, but it is just plain crummy. Randy just gives me lots of hugs. He's so sweet. I've just got to say that we're reading Leviticus right now as a family (we just started in Genesis, okay? we couldn't just SKIP Leviticus...although we have asked the kids to skip a few explicit chapters. it's not that we wouldn't go there with them if they needed to know why you can't sleep with your brother's wife - it's just a lot of questions to answer at breakfast in the morning. :)). ANYWAY! We're reading through Leviticus and I was noticing that women had to just be alone in their tents during their periods. It just hit me this week that this was for the sake of EVERYONE! She got a break and no one had to deal with her MOODS! God SO knew what He was doing and I personally think that perhaps this is one aspect of Jewish law we should revisit. :)

Back to scrapbooking. I feel like I always struggle with whether or not scrapbooking is a legitimate way to spend my time. I haven't done it in a year, but I always want to. But all my doubts were erased when I came home with Isaac's baby book (up until last weekend, he had NO scrapbook - poor little guy) and he asked with LOUD glee if he could see his "scwapbook!" That sweet boy has looked at his book about 25 times since I got home on Sunday night. A totally legitimate way to spend my time.

I have some thoughts about the mercy of God and about being a helper to my husband, but I think I'll wait until night when I don't have to feel guilty about neglecting my babies! :)

blessings!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Oh, how very nice! Good for you, sweet friend! And just so you know, Brady V's book was just begun last weekend. He still doesn't know it exists - and I think it's a GREAT time investment (if we could just ever figure out how to get it done more quickly?!?) love you

April Cogburn said...

I know the feeling. I have only gotten to the point in Lena's book that says "It's a girl!" and all the pictures of her birth.