Saturday, October 4, 2008

Does anyone else experience the out-of-control-schedule-thing that seems to happen to us EVERY October? I'm falling asleep with my hands poised on the keyboard! It's been a busy day and will continue to be a busy month, but I'm thankful! This a.m. was Como Fishing Day - one hour cleaning up trash at the lake and then a few hours of fishing for anyone who wanted to come out (this event was put on by the city, led by a single woman from our church). I managed to get out of this event because I had a baby shower to go to. I can't say that I'm sorry - supervising 25 children waving baited hooks around is not my idea of a fun morning. I don't think it was Randy's either by the time it was over! :) Tonight was the Op Camp monthly dinner/program. We didn't have a big turnout, but everyone had fun carving pumpkins and eating pizza. Now I'm just sitting here praying and trying to figure out if I'm brave enough to go to bed. I would say I'm mildly nervous. About 45 minutes ago, Byron and his mom, Tarita, stopped by to pick something up and they had just heard what they think was two people jumping our fence (out of the backyard). RB checked out the backyard with Byron following him around waving the "OFF" bug spray :) and everything looked fine. Tarita asked me if it looked like everything was still in our garage...for those of you who have seen our garage, this should make you smile. Like we would know if anything was missing. That place is a MESS! Anyway, I know that God is protecting us and has probably protected us more times than I care to know about, but there is still that nagging sense of insecurity. Oh, and just so you know, my highly excitable husband (note the sarcasm) managed to fall out of bed when I went and got him and managed to fall right back in when they left. I THINK he was conscious when he was checking for any intruders, but I can't be sure. Love that guy - a little hard to get riled up. (Mom, I know you're reading this and I really am okay! Not even anxious - just a little uncomfortable). There really is a great sense of security in knowing WHO is protecting this house. Tonight He used Byron and Tarita's arrival. He is good. THIS is cool! Byron is getting baptized tomorrow! They were reading Acts 2 this week in Mighty Men and Byron raised his hand at the end and told Randy he wanted to get baptized. Yea! He calls Randy "Dad" and now Tarita tells him if he gets in trouble, etc. that he has to talk to his "father" (Randy). This sweet kid is making waves in the kingdom already! Can't wait to see what else God will do with this life! Anyway, here are a few pics from the week. The first ones are of our little trip to Mainstay Farms earlier this week. The kids had fun picking out little pumpkins to take home. Kendra! I got my pumpkin pictures! :)
Moriah and her best friend, Lily. These two are a hoot together!
Malachi is now mobile. This sort of scene is becoming all too familiar - in case you're wondering, I didn't pull any of those pots out.
Picking up trash at the lake this a.m.


Our summer intern, Tyler Jackson, was home from Baylor this weekend and came to the Op Camp dinner - we miss Mr. Tyler! He serves as a human jungle gym for our younger kids! :)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

great picts! i love the one of isaac and the pumpkins :)

Kendra said...

And that's just about the cutest little man in the pumpkins that I've ever seen . . I'm excited you and Randy will have more babies (if the Lord chooses, that is) because they are just all so BEAUTIFUL - inside and out. Blessings, my friend -

Charlotte said...

Yes, October is crazy busy for us too. I am SO happy it's October...because that means weekend get-away. :) WOO HOO! I especially love the picture of Malachi. Do those pots and pans have any dents yet?

Trisha said...

I'm so excited to hear about Byron! Please give him a big hug. I'm going to put a note in my calendar to call Randy during Mighty Men Wednesday so I can talk to Byron. What a great affirmation that God is at work in and through those Mighty Men (and Dr. Brown)! Awesome! If you have pictures, please post! We're celebrating with you, Byron!