Friday, April 2, 2010

"...and all who touched Him were healed."

THANK YOU JESUS! I cannot describe the dry desert of a place I've been in lately. Tonight the Lord has shown up and watered my parched soul. This a.m. while having my quiet time in the Suburban (okay, give me a break, it's the ONLY place where no one can interrupt me - well, one of my precious blessings was actually banging on the living room window motioning to me to come inside, but I was able to resist :)), I begged God to speak to me. I've just been paralyzed and feeling "yuck" spiritually. I thought I heard Matthew 14. I read verses 22-36 (Jesus and Peter walking on the water) and realized that I have been obsessed with the wind and the waves surrounding me and have completely forgotten to fix my eyes on Him. But Jesus is not slow to reach out His hand and catch me, even as He gently rebukes me for having so little faith. I ask Him to just let me touch Him so that I could once again be healed. So tonight as I'm holding my littlest I turn on my "labor" playlist and worship as I slowly dance with her in the dark. I'm playing "her song" (yes, she still cuddles up and relaxes the instant she hears "You'll Come" by Hillsong - I'm dying to know at what point in my labor this song was playing!!) and He does come. And I get to touch Him - and He touches me. I couldn't stop telling Him how much I loved Him as the reality of what He has done began cracking the hardened places of my heart. I had just shared the story of the cross two different times with my children and the words wielded their power! Overwhelmed. I love Him so much!
We are so broken...we are SO broken!! I told little PJ tonight that she is so broken, but He has COME! And it is her destiny to proclaim the joy that is ours as we get to walk in freedom! Cannot wait until Sunday!

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Beautiful post, Anda. I love your heart.