Wednesday, August 19, 2009

big bad funk

Don't even know why I'm blogging right now.  Seem to be under this funky dark cloud that descended for no apparent reason this afternoon.  Praise God, this feeling has become so incredibly UNfamiliar that now it's extremely obvious when it happens.  He is so good.  I think I'll just go to bed now.  To sit here and ramble about all the things that seem overwhelming at the moment would undoubtedly NOT be productive.  I was with a friend last night who has taken a challenge from another woman's blog to write down 1000 things that she's thankful for in a journal.  I started mine today.  The woman says that it has changed her life and others testify to their physical, emotional, and mental health improving.  I know this is true.  God commands thankfulness and joy because He knows what we need!  Think I'll go write down a few more things in that journal.  "fix your eyes on Jesus..."

Just read this blog entry recommended by that same friend.  Really encouraging!  www.aholyexperience.com/2007/10/peace-is-person.html  (can someone tell me why I can't make this a direct link?  yes, i'm computer illiterate!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love when Jesus is "IN MY FACE". This is the 2nd link to this site that I have received today. THANKS ANDA! You just thought you had nothing to blog about.

Renee Earl

Trisha said...

Just went over and read Peace is a Person. Oh how I needed that word in this moment! Thanks for sharing it! I am going to hold on to those scriptures for hope! Love you and yours so very much! I hope your vacation is wonderful!

Cheryl said...

Holy Experience is one of my favorite blogs. The writer has written so much on gratitude and also on loss/lament that has deeply blessed my heart and soul. When you have a moment (chuckle) to peruse her archives, I highly recommend you do so.