Thursday, May 21, 2009

think I'm getting cynical

I just wanted to stomp up and down and throw a fit today as I attended my kids' last recitation - (it was the last day of school!! yea!) Anyway, every time I sit through anything at their school I am struck again at the injustices of education. It's just not fair that my kids get to go to this great school and learn all sorts of amazing things all year and three of our Mighty Men were retaking the TAKS test today because they failed the math part the first time. If they don't pass, they have to take summer school (during the time of the Uganda trip). If they don't go to summer school, they don't get to pass their current grade. It's just NOT FAIR!!
What is up with my three year old? Suddenly, he's becoming quite mischievious again and making mess after mess after mess! The other day I let him take a nap in my room and there is a window behind my bed. He walked up to the back door crying hysterically and I couldn't figure out how he got outside. He fell out of my window after opening it for fun. Can I just say that it's about 5 feet off the ground? The kid didn't have one scratch and I told him God had protected him (he fell on his head on top of the tomato plant). Isaac, Isaac, Isaac! I'll post pics later of field day and last day fun - we're taking Luke, Josiah, and McKenna on a "date" tonight to celebrate the end of school! They did a fantastic job during a tough year!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Definitely not fair.

congrats to the kids though, they worked hard! i know mckenna especially had to persevere this year. im glad they get to go do something special - where are you going?

and isaac...well.....all i can say, is I understand. hilarious visual of him upside down on top of the tomato plant!!!