Sunday, May 10, 2009

More random pictures and Happy Mother's Day

First attempt...sort of indicative of the morning...:)
Second attempt...in which we fool all of you into thinking we're the second Brady Bunch!

I'm actually blogging right now because I'm confined to my bed while my children make me breakfast in bed.  :)  I am a blessed woman.  My children are amazing.  I wouldn't trade my life for anyone else's (okay, most days I wouldn't)!  I could write some long post about the blessings and challenges of motherhood, but I don't feel like it right now!  LOL!  I will share this link, though, for those of you who feel like having a good cry today [WARNING:  You seriously might not want to watch this if you're pregnant.]  I heard this couple last p.m. on a Focus on the Family radio broadcast and it ripped my heart out.  The husband is the lead singer of Selah and their family's story is beautiful and painful.  
...Okay, it's after church now - they brought me breakfast and then it was get-ready-for-church time!  As I was saying, this is a beautiful sad story.  I prayed for this momma and my sister-in-law, LeeAnn, and all the other moms who are hurting today.  The link is http://www.heartlink.org/.  (Sorry, don't know why this didn't automatically create the link - but there's the address)!  She also has a blog that follows them in their journey, but I couldn't read it last p.m. - if I cry too much I get these horrible headaches!  :)
Now I'm sitting here blogging while my sweet family makes me a STEAK lunch!!  Bluebell AND steak were on sale at the grocery store last p.m. so Randy didn't even have to get cheap steaks for the kids (which was his original plan, handed down from his own parents who used to give "tube steaks" [aka HOT DOGS] to their six children while they ate the real thing!  LOL!!).  I'll post more pics after lunch when they're cleaning up the kitchen (I wish it was Mother's Day every day)!!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy Mothers Day!!! Im so glad you are getting pampered! I had to laugh at the "tube steaks" - thats hilarious! Im glad we arent the only ones that do things like that. I made the kids sandwhiches and we had Chipotle :) Fun pictures!!!! love ya.

Melissa said...

Anda, Happy Mother's Day. I am sure you gotta feel the love today. Wow,I just don't know how you do it. I sat on Miram's porch last night and I told her how difficult this pregnancy has been in terms of how you feel. I told her about the nausea and she said that Randy (hers) came in at night during that time and said, not potatoes again. It was what did not smell. I am sorry you have been feeling so bad.

And on anohter note the blog that you spoke of for Selah is one I have read for some time. It is a tough one to read. Neat people but thanks for sharing where can listen to her story. She just got back from Calcutta which by the way if you want to read some good writing about the poor then go back and read Melissa's postings from her trip there. Tods wife from Selah was on that same trip. When I read the storied I think of you and Randy. Go back and read.

Melissa said...

Melisaa's posting from Beth Moore blog. Especially read last Tues. Sure made me think of you and Randy. Give those wonderful kids of your a hug for me.