Monday, July 6, 2009

week of change (and it's only Monday!)

        Lots of new things going on around here!  A little overwhelming, but really good and really led by the Lord!  The Connallys are here and working on their house, which we're all hoping will be finished by the weekend?!  It is SO cute and if you saw it BEFORE, you'd be super impressed with the AFTER!  We're so blessed to have them here and are ready for them to be settled!  This has been an intense ride for them so far!!  
       Here's a good one.  Actually, Randy said not to tell his friends, so if you're his friend (esp. a medical buddy), you might want to skip this part!  ha!  I went to visit with a midwife today!  I really didn't like some things that happened with my last birth and so I decided to check out the midwife-at-the-hospital scenario!  I went to Harris Downtown and LOVED the woman that I talked with.  I actually transferred my records over before I even left.  It really is the best of both worlds.  I have so much freedom (freedom to have or not have drugs, walking around during labor, having my baby with me the whole time, having whoever I want in the room, having someone there throughout the whole process, and having medical care by an ob/gyn available right there if needed)!  And as I walked out, the nurse and the midwife said "See ya later, Anda!"  This may sound silly, but someone acknowledging that you're a real person is HUGE!  I've been going to my other doctor for 2 years now (and I really do like her) and her staff still couldn't tell you my name and I've never felt like anyone was really taking care of me.  It really wasn't that I had any problems with my doctor; it was more the system in which she is confined.  Also, this hospital is actually closer and more accessible than the other one.  ANYWAY - I'm really excited now about the birth of this baby!  I've been thinking/praying about this for months and finally got up the guts to go talk to them - so glad I did!  
And if that wasn't weird enough, the other thing that has been weighing heavily on Randy's and my heart was McKenna's schooling next year.  Back in March or April, we started questioning where she should be next year and after a lot of prayer and waiting on God, we finally feel great peace about her homeschooling next year.  It will be with some dear friends of ours and actually Randy will be teaching MK and another friend one day a week (they'll also be going to a school with "courses" for one day and doing a couple more classes with my friend).  I'll be around to facilitate working, etc., but won't really be doing any formal teaching because I'm having a baby in November.  It may just be for a year, but we can tell that it's God.  This feeling of insecurity, but excitement is a very familiar one.  Just can tell it's the Holy Spirit.  And MK is actually excited about it (she wouldn't even discuss it a month ago).  Can't wait to see what God is going to do in her during this next year!  And I'm really excited to have this sweet time with my oldest!
      That's it for now - tired and need my bed!  Lots to process today!!  I'm so glad that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever!!
         

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Anda,
Fun! These are good things - I'm looking forward to this year for you.

Rachel said...

wow, such exciting things the Lord is doing!!! I cant wait to see how it all plays out. it will be GOOD :)

Anonymous said...

Anda, this is the post I have been waiting to read. I am so excited for you and (for me) HA! I am praying that the Lord will connect our paths through our journey in homeschooling and use this for His Glory and His Purposes to transform the lives of our children and ours! Let's get together!

Renee

Kendra said...

I love all the updates, and I really love what the Lord has revealed to you . . good plans He has for you and all in the family, my friend. Good plans. To prosper you and not to harm you, you know! Love you - maybe one of these days we can see each other! ha!