Monday, July 6, 2009

A few pictures

Here are a few pictures.

Doesn't this group just look beautiful. God knew what He was doing when He put this team together. It was the best mission team I've ever been part of. Only God would put together such a diverse and unlikely group and expect us to change the world.
This is us in front of Murchison Falls. We hiked from this spot to above the waterfall you see in the background.










One of the things that truly confuses me is the joy I saw in people. I was tempted to think that people were just acting happy because they wanted something out of us, but it was too widespread to be an act, and they weren't asking for anything. I expected to Christians to be joyful, but it wasn't limited just to Christians. The Ugandan people (at least in the part of Uganda I saw) are the most joyful culture I've ever met. We didn't go to Gulu, and I expect we might have seen a different attitude there, but even the people I met who had been through terrible trauma and tragedy had a joy that was striking.









This was one of the paths we walked to get to the nearby villages. This little creek smelled bad, and ruined our shoes forever, but we sure had fun sharing the gospel when we got there.












This was the day we went to "feed the orphans." We ended up surrounded by about 1000 kids who expected us to do some sort of show. We had a great time playing with these kids. The thatch roof on the left is a church.







No comments: