Tuesday, April 7, 2009

what was I THINKING?!

So Randy is at a CCS board meeting tonight and usually doesn't make it home until 11:30 p.m. or so. Moriah is still on medication for strep, Luke is right in the middle of it and feeling crummy, and Malachi is on day 10 or something of a horrific cold which has made his poor nose raw and all of our clothes rather "slimy" (sorry, that was gross - but it's true). I'm sleep-deprived (Malachi), nauseous, and I have now caught my sweet baby's cold. Last night I was with my friend, Candice, who recommended this movie "the boy in the striped pajamas." I will agree that it is a great movie. And since McKenna is currently studying WWII, the Holocaust, etc. in school, I thought I would preview this movie tonight to see if she could handle it. NO!! Oh my word!! It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sad (Candice did warn me of this)! It's based on the perspective of a Nazi boy and it is very well-done. But I was BAWLING at the end. I cannot handle anything now that I'm a momma. Ugh! This was NOT the best way to end my sicky day! LOL! Anyway, if you're into historical sadness, I do recommend this movie. I've got to go pray or something before hubby gets home. At least maybe I can be smiling with my puffy eyes.
By the way, isn't my hubby a terrific writer? I love the way he expresses himself. What's up with that? I'm the English major and I can hardly compose a complete sentence!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

my poor sweet friend :( i am so sorry things are so hard. and now you are sick?! ugh, so sorry. I will be praying - for healing and strength and rest. love you.

Trisha said...

So sorry about all the sick! I hope it's almost over. We can't wait to see you and your family! And I'm with you on the movie thing! Tried to make myself want to watch "The Passion" in preparation for Easter and just have such a hard time with the "want to."