Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My new favorite book

Okay,I just looked online at pics of Rottweilers, Pit Bulls, and Boxers and Daisy was definitely predominantly Rottweiler and probably some retriever mix. Her face was a Rott and not a pit. Somehow, this just makes me feel better because I think it will increase her chance of being adopted. I'm sure I'm going to get over this dog thing soon! LOL!

Anyway, my latest book recommendation is Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I know I already mentioned it, but now I've finished it and it's REALLY good. I wouldn't say that it's a "feel-good-and-be-content-to-stay-where-you-are-with-the-Lord" kind of book, but it so encouraged me to ask God for more love and passion for Jesus. It forces you to look at how your life is lining up with the words of Christ (and this book is full of them). His basic question is this: are we IN LOVE - passionate, radical, irrational, crazy LOVE - with the King of the universe. I've thought about writing more quotes, but I underlined too many things! I want to say with no reserve that Jesus really is my TREASURE and that there's nothing I wouldn't do in my love for HIM. Not there yet. But I'm in a sweet place of asking Him to cause me to come to that place and telling Him that I surrender as much as I know how to surrender in whatever moment I'm in. I'm daily astounded by my self-absorption and selfishness. But the sweet part of seeing my filth is seeing His beauty. Good night!?! He died - and He lives - to take me out of it! I'm asking to be completely dumbfounded by this truth again (or maybe for the first time?)!! May God deliver all of us from being innoculated against the ludicrous nature of this whole story we're in the middle of!! BTW, I checked out Chan's video blog tonight and it was encouraging. More than one of them made me cry. I esp. liked the one called "The Prayer Americans Won't Pray". He's right - my flesh wants nothing to do with that prayer! :) Check it out at http://francischansblog.blogspot.com/.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Thanks for introducing me to Francis Chan. I really liked his videos...he's a prophet who speaks the truth in love. I want to be like that. Love you!