Sunday, December 21, 2008

Mighty Men Christmas Dinner

Okay. So we planned this dinner for the MM. We only wanted it to be them and mentors - a really intimate occasion in which they could all sit down together and share a meal. WHAT WAS I THINKING??!! I cooked all day - enchiladas, chicken tortilla soup, beans, dessert, hot wassail.... My kids, my friend's kids, and 9 MM= CHAOS!! Especially in my 8x4 kitchen!? LOL! Buffets don't go so well in this small of a space. My sweet children were a bit stressed out and had to eat on a quilt in the playroom. Before the p.m. was over, Randy was in one of our precious MM's faces telling him to sit down or get out - surprisingly, he stayed! Another guy was announcing to everyone that he had gotten "jumped" into a gang that week. Hmmm. I just can't see this scene in a dreamy family Christmas movie! LOL! Randy just collasped on the floor, exhausted, as soon as the last one walked out the door. I told my husband that night that I think I need to host an event with less than 10 children soon so that I can remember what it's like to eat and TALK with other adults at my house! Hopefully, they were blessed! We probably won't be doing that again for at least another year!
Byron looking cool.
It was Alphonzo's birthday so he got to cut the cake.

Samadge - what's up with the earrings?!


the table before it was attacked! By the way, the perspective of this pic makes this little dining area look much bigger than it actually is!

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

The table looked so pretty! You guys pretty much rock.

Kendra said...

Makes me tired just reading about it . . and I thought Vaughn Family Christmas with 7 kids and 6 adults was a little rambunctious? Perspective taken! he!

And are you in process of painting the dining room? Pretty color!