Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Nothing important to say

There is just something so empowering about being able to type something that can immediately be seen by people all over the world even if nobody every reads it.

A haiku in honor of the fact that in just 2 short days my wife and I will be leaving on a trip to Tennessee without our children:

Silent pond. White chairs.
Rainbow trees. My Love and I.
Anticipation.

And in honor of my parents who will be caring for our children:
Loud noises. Children
in perpetual motion.
Whining, pain, and joy.

I love the noise and chaos of 7 children. Driving home yesterday I was overcome with gratitude at the blessing of the life God has given us. Every morning when I leave for work, I have the delight of eight people hugging me and telling me that they love me. What great way to start the day.
Thank you Jesus.
Randy

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Love your haikus, brother! And I pray your time in Tennessee will be beautifully peaceful! Oh, the inexpressible joy!
And, yes--you are a very blessed man!