Sunday, March 7, 2010

the swing

Today we returned home from a weekend trip to Midland to see our families. For those of you who don't know, we both grew up there and were high school "sweethearts" (for most of high school, that is. RB dumped me during my junior year/his senior year, but that's another long story). Anyway, we were staying at his parents house in his old bedroom and as I looked out the second story window onto their balcony, I started reminiscing about our time on this swing. If this swing could only play back all the conversations it heard some 18-20 years ago! We would sit here for hours dreaming about the future and what our life together would look like. We prayed many prayers here, held hands, cried, laughed, and just acted plain goofy! And when God brought us back together in college, we returned to this swing where we would sit for hours at night just being in love again. And it was on this swing that Randy kissed me for the first time. In high school we actually never kissed while we were dating, but when we got back together in college this is where my husband surrendered his first kiss ever - to me. Yes, I just got sentimental as I thought about all that God has done since those early years. It makes me laugh and cry to think about how our dreams back then compare to the reality that has been our adventure. Our lives look a little different than I thought they would as a 20 year old...and I'm SO thankful!! Wouldn't trade one single part of the story for another. I love my man, and I love what God started on this swing...I got our budding photographer, McKenna, to take some "artistic" shots of us on our swing!




3 comments:

Kendra said...

Awww...I love this

Rachel said...

Wow Mckenna, very impressive shots!!! Love the story too :)

Trisha said...

I'm so thankful God gave us the ability to remember. What fun to look back! Love the pics, McKenna, especially the last one! Two beautiful people still very much in love, but wiser and less naive than before!