Monday, September 21, 2009

romance and candles...

Okay, I have no time to be on computer right now, but I just HAD to document this classic about my sweet hubby!  We've talked recently about our marriage and how we can make each other happy, etc.  My two cents worth was that I just need a little more thoughtful "romance".  So the other day I jokingly mention something along these lines.  Here's the conversation:

Me:  You know, fall is my favorite time of the year, so romantic...
RB:  What sort of romantic things do you like about fall?
Me:  I don't know, it's the whole atmosphere....Like the smells, colors - candles (like vanilla or cinnamon or pumpkin), the food...
RB:  I just want you to know that I looked for a candle for you at Walmart this a.m. [mistake #1 - walmart?!  although on my mistake list, I could've let this one slide]
Me:  Really?  That's so sweet!  [Yes, I'm wondering why he didn't actually get me one, but I'm impressed that he was thinking about it]
RB:  Of course, I was on the clearance aisle....and they STILL weren't cheap enough.

For those of you thinking that he didn't REALLY say this, I'm so sorry to inform you that he actually did.  And then he had the audacity to offer to stop and get me a candle when we were out on a date that p.m.  Love that man.  He says it was his attempt at humor, but those of you who know him know that THIS is only HALF true!!  I'm holding on to this one for a LONG time - this story has already been the source of entertainment for several friends.  I told him I'm still going to be telling this one when we're 80!

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Oh, dear brother! You make me laugh! I'm thankful your wife has a sense of humor:) And knows you love her...

April Cogburn said...

I love hearing stories about my brother, especially the ones that make me laugh.