Sunday, September 13, 2009

life around here

This is just a rambling blog and I'm determined to go to bed in 5 minutes so this will be short, but just wanted to record memories of the last week (I guess you could say this is just for my benefit). The kids all started school, including Moriah who started kindergarten. I'll post pics later. They all did well. She really likes it so far and I know it is going to be so good for her. McKenna also started homeschooling. I could write volumes (literally) about all that I've been wrestling with concerning methods, philosophy, etc in education (not just home schooling, education in general in America), but that would take more time than I have at the moment! Let's just say that I know that I know that I know that God has led us to do this home school thing this year. He gave me a very specific word/picture a few months back that I have clung to during the last week. If He hadn't spoken so clearly, I think I might have quit already! :) I love that He knows just what we need to hear and when we need to hear it. I'm filled with faith for what God has for us as a family over the next year and for what He specifically has for McKenna. She is becoming a beautiful woman of God!
Not sure about how to function peacefully and without rushing around with this football thing, but we're working through it! And I keep telling myself that it's only for a couple of months. That's not that long, right?! The SCARY thing is that I'm just coming to the realization that this precious little Piper is getting ready to make her debut sometime in the next 8-9 weeks! AHHH! I don't feel quite ready yet!
We spent the weekend at the lake and got back this a.m. We went with some other couples who I would say are some of my favorite people on the planet. It was SO encouraging and emotionally refreshing to be with adults for a few days, have lots of uninterrupted conversations, enjoy sweet times of worship and prayer, and to laugh A LOT!! One of the couples who went could have their own comedy show - really. I don't think I've laughed that hard in a LONG time. We have 26 children between all of us, so it was so nice to sleep when we wanted to and eat whenever we wanted. Those times are precious. And of course I didn't take one stinkin' picture the entire time. WHAT is wrong with me?? Most of us have walked together for a while and it's so encouraging to see how the Lord has moved in us and around us and to look forward to what He has for us as we're all getting close to that 40 year old milestone (there are a few who have crossed it) :). God has been incredibly good!
I'm past my 5 minute mark! Gotta go to bed - haven't been feeling so great due to my own poor health habits! Tomorrow is Monday - praise Jesus! :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

glad to hear an update. sounds like an awesome time at the lake, glad you got to have that adult time.... i cant believe Piper will be here so soon! you are doing an awesome job, you have so much to keep up with. Its neat to see the Lord work in your lives :)