Tuesday, March 17, 2009

farewell everyone...

Okay, just kidding...I hope.  Tomorrow a.m. I am undoubtedly setting myself up to win the wife of the year award.  Don't you admire my humility?  I have agreed (albeit reluctantly) to accompany my husband and 6 children (not to mention the one in my womb) on a four day CAMPING TRIP!!  I'm trying to figure out a way to get out of it, but I'm afraid it's too late.  Do you understand how DIFFICULT it is getting all these people ready for a camping trip??!!  I mean, we might as well be moving.  Not only do you have to take enough clothing to cover all kinds of weather (hot, cold, rain all expected), but you actually have to take your physical dwelling with you, "beds" for everyone, ALL your food AND your cooking utensils, every fun "boy" gadget  that we own (fishing gear, knives, etc.), every blanket we own (because it's going to be 40 degrees at night and did I mention we're sleeping ON THE GROUND?), and baby gear (yes, we're going camping with a very curious and busy 13-month-old who will be putting everything in sight in his mouth and who still needs LARGE items such as a little high chair, stroller, hiking baby carrier, and a pack n' play).  My husband is like a little boy on Christmas Eve - he LOVES this - although I'm certain that only God knows why....I can't wait to return and recount all our lovely adventures along with pics!  PRAY for us!!  If this doesn't kill us, it certainly will make us stronger!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

PPPPPPPlease! Will you just let me write TLC. Just say yes although Miram wants to get you a t-shirt that says, "Just Say No!" I guess it is a little too late for that though. There is a world out there that needs to know this family. By the way, I took Jill's kids to lunch today. We all love the toilet brush story and I know there is a producer that would love it too. Take lots of pictures in case you ever say yes and video would even be better.

Kendra said...

this is great . . .not for me, but great to "make some memories?" Makes me tired just to ponder all you've had to do to get ready for this event! ha! Blessings, and may be get some good help with rest / clean up AFTER you return as well!! Too funny . .

Anonymous said...

I have camped with kids before and I am dreading it for you! I told my husband that we could camp but he had to cook and clean while we were gone or he could go without me. Yes, great memories but not until years later! ha