Monday, August 25, 2008

tired

This may sound a little discouraging and even as I write I'm thinking that the solution to this tired thing is to go to bed instead of sitting here blogging! I'm exhausted from a full days' activities of running a couple of simple errands, feeding my children, doing laundry, fixing a very simple dinner that took me around 3-4 hours to make, and unpacking from our two trips last week. I've been listening to sermons and reading books lately about large families and in one sense they have been very encouraging. For those of you who don't know, Randy and I received a pretty confident conviction from the Lord back in May about children. The bottom line is that we now believe that we're supposed to have as many kids as God choses to give us. I'll write more about that and how we came to that conclusion on another late night :), but I just keep thinking about how much work this is and how I just don't see the end of the work! Ha! Yeah...I should write more later and sleep now. That would definitely help the perspective here!
Just one more comment about our week last week. We took seven of the Mighty Men to the lake house to just "hang out" for a couple of days as a reward for their hard work this summer. As I sat there the first night in the living room with Uncle Ben playing his guitar and singing the "watermelon song" with Byron, Alphonzo, and Corey doing their crazy dances, D'Leeland playing the drums and the rest of us sitting around laughing, I was utterly amazed at what God has done. I was sitting with my family. Not just my own children, but my Mighty Men who are becoming like sons. And there is NO WAY we could've just "hung out" a couple of years ago at a Mighty Men retreat. In fact, that first year back in January 2006, we were stopping a fight that had broken out and had everyone up in arms. God has done a lot in two years and we are so thankful. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow and maybe let some people know that this blog exists! :)

2 comments:

Cotton Photography said...

I am so excited about your blog:) It will be nice to "keep up" in the blog world:)

I would love to hear more regarding your "conviction", children are a "good and perfect gift" from the Lord. Love you guys:)

Ben said...

Yes, truly amazing. Keep up the great work! What a blast to be together as a family! Love you guys! bw