Tuesday, August 12, 2008

our house turned upside down

I'm so excited to be writing on our own blog!! I've been thinking about it for months and 12:30 a.m. seems like the ideal time to begin this little project! Ha! Just had to write about today before I forget. I've been wanting built-in bookcases for quite some time in our piano room and we had gotten a couple of estimates that were a bit out of our range from some builders. So our friend, Richard, who had done some other odd jobs around our house is now building our bookcases and he is doing a phenomenal job. Today we had Richard building and Byron and Royce (ages 13 and 15) painting our living room a new color. The boys had never painted before, but aside from a couple of major spills on the carpet they got an A+ for their painting debut. None of this work will be "perfect" but it couldn't seem more perfect in my spirit. Our prayer room is almost finished and we hope to have all these little projects done by the time school starts. I'll write more about what the Lord has been showing me about sanctuary and beauty later, but for now I MUST go try to grab a few hours of sleep. Malachi has NOT been sleeping well lately! Yea for the Como Brown Blog!! (forgive my "cheesiness" - I'm feeling a bit delirious).

Anda

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I can't tell you how very excited I am that you have your very own blog that I can comment on!! yea!!!!

I've enjoyed "catching up" a little bit the past few minutes . . .and maybe I can actually catch up "for reals" and in person with you soon. Let's get all your sweet ones in school, then I need the at home Brown clan to come up the road for a visit!! Love you, dear friend -