Saturday, February 6, 2010

Going to Haiti

Today around noon a friend of mine called me. He is the youth pastor at a church in Waco that has been working in Haiti since 5 days after the earthquake struck. They are sending their 4th consecutive team next Tuesday, and one of the doctors had to cancel. My friend asked if I would be willing to go. I had already talked about going later in the month with the team he will be leading, but the dates didn't work out. It just so happens that the dates for this 4th team's trip are about the only dates in February that I could go.
So I said yes.
We are planning to fly out of Dallas next Tuesday around 7 am and return the following Tuesday.
Please pray for me. I will need God's wisdom to know how to help people medically. I will need God's supernatural power to heal people that only He can heal. I need God to fill my heart with His love so I will be able to care about people and not grow selfish or weary.
Please pray for Anda, who will be staying home with 7 kids. No great adventure. Very little praise. Just faithfully serving in our home. She is wonderful. Pray for God to give her joy and strength. Her job as a mom right now is very physically difficult, especially with a baby.

I'm serious about asking you to pray. I wanted people to know I'm going to Haiti, but mostly I blogged this so that people would pray. Thank you.
Randy

5 comments:

LeeAnn said...

We will be praying and I'm so glad that you will be able to go...God has a way of working that timing thing out doesn't He? Love you all!

Melissa said...

Randy, I am glad that you are getting this chance to go as you have such a heart for hurting people. I know that God is going to use your heart, yor soul and yor mind in helping those people. I will be praying for those that are just waiting for you as god already has those people picked out for you. Be safe! We love you! And will pray for you!

Anonymous said...

Wisdom & Miracles. Check!
StaceyB

Mary Gibson said...

Bob and I will be praying for you daily, Randy and for Anda and the kids. May the Lord bless you with all the knowledge and wisdom needed to medically attend to these hurting people. May the Holy Spirit bring more of the healing scriptures to your heart to pray "healing" over these people. Be strong in Him.....

Trisha said...

Just now reading this post, but I've been praying. I am proud of you and love eery detail you share. Can't wait to talk to you about it! I love you, brother!