Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My wife wants me to write a haiku

Thankful people smile.
Greedy people look beyond
Over people's heads.

OK, on a lighter note:

Tiny baby girl
Beauty. Fussy. Poops a lot.
Miracle of God.

And now for a free form poem about my wife (with a bit of modified plagiarism):

She walks in beauty through the night,
A tiger, tiger burning bright,
How do I love her? Let me count the ways,
It is the best of times, it is the worst of times.

Maybe someday soon I'll write something deep, profound, and meaningful. Right now I have to help with Piper Joy.
Randy

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Oh, it's good to have you back, Randrr! Keep on writing..you are creating such an amazing legacy for your children to look back on (written with a smirky grin on my face!). Love both of you! Looking forward to meeting that little bundle of cuteness sometime SOON!

Trisha said...

I've missed your poetry, brother! Thanks for coming back! Can't wait to hear all your profound thoughts. Meanwhile, enjoy these days of many, many poopy diapers and no sleep. She brings joy anyway, I have no doubt! Love you all!