Tuesday, November 3, 2009

happenings

Just a little update on life around here! Piper flipped last p.m. and we are SO thankful! Love how God is faithful to answer prayer.
Nursery mostly ready (don't most moms wait until less than two weeks before their due dates to get the nursery ready?!). Thank you notes half written. A woman coming to deep clean my house on Friday (THIS is great news)! A very tired husband who is sitting next to me with his mouth hanging open while sleeping. He's a very tired man. We're having "Compassion Week" at our church this week - a week to focus specifically on connecting with the poor (and staying that way). Tomorrow p.m., the lady who runs Mission Arlington will be speaking at CF, Friday p.m. we're having a movie p.m. at Como Elementary (watching Ruby Bridges), Saturday is Sharefest here in Como, and Sunday there is a barbeque with our church and another church here in Como. He's not officially in charge of any of it (he's been delegating a lot) because of the impending arrival of our sweet little girl, but he's been very busy with it and is a bit fatigued. He's also on call this week and doing the football thing in between all of this! Speaking of football, playoffs start this weekend. My boys both have games at different places at 1 p.m. It's the first time all season that we will both not be able to be at both games. Bummer. I keep hoping this thing is going to end. It might end this weekend for Josiah's team if they lose, but it looks like Luke will be playing until the LAST weekend in November (can I just say here that we've been practicing four nights a week since August 1st?). His team could very well make it to the "SuperBowl" and the weekend following that one (Thanksgiving), Deon Sanders' little pee-wee football team wants to have a tournament with a few teams and guess what? The Como Lions C team is one of those teams!! Yeah, I know, it's Deon and everything - you can't really say that you're tired of football and pull your son out! LOL! Oh, the little surprise bonuses of living in our little community just never stop! :)
So much more to say, but not enough hours to write or sleep. Guess I'll pick sleep right now. I'll download a few pics hopefully sooner than later! McKenna keeps telling me that a blog with no pics is no fun! :)

1 comment:

Trisha said...

I'm always happy for an update, pictures or not! I'm still praying that Piper will make her appearance sooner than later so I can see her before Thanksgiving! We are so excited to meet her precious little self! Tell my amazing brother I love him and I'm SO proud of him. Glad he's delegating, but I know that carries its own kind of weight--for him and you! We love you all! Wish I could get to some of those fun football games! And take a field trip with McKenna (maybe to the Mac store:), and play with Mo and Isaac and Malachi. Or just sit and visit with their mom and dad. Yeah, I miss you all!