Monday, October 12, 2009

one more quote

I'm also reading through this Bible study/devotional book by a woman named Amber Van Schooneveld who works for Compassion International as a photographer and writer (I think I already quoted her in another post).  It's called Hope Lives and I HIGHLY recommend it!!!  It really is one of the best books about the poor that I've ever read.  Anyway, this quote made me cry as I saw that this is how I've been perceiving myself (the "queen", not the "fellow guest"):
"I want God to transform my heart by the Holy Spirit so that I love what God loves, so that mercy naturally flows out of me.  I want to show others mercy because it was first shown to me; to offer mercy to others as fellow guests at God's table, not as a benevolent queen offering scraps to beggars at my feet."  Ugh.  This changes everything.

No comments: