Monday, November 24, 2008

On a Lighter Note

My last blog was a little heavy, so this one should balance it out a bit. I've been thinking a lot about being thankful lately. I'm certainly thankful for the things that we all think about: Jesus, the Bible, my family, and thousands of other major blessings.
I thought it might be fun to think of a few more obscure things I'm thankful for. So here's a list. Feel free to add to it.
1. Socks. I love the feel of a clean pair of socks on my feet early in the morning.
2. My uvula. It keeps me from choking every time I drink my milk.
3. And since we're thinking about nasopharyngeal body parts, I think we need to give a big shout out for vibrissae. (For you non-medical people, that's nose hairs.) They are highly underestimated. I mean think of all the bugs you would have snorted had it not been for these protective little gems.
4. Anda says she's thankful for nursing bras, eyelashes, and our microwave.
5. She's also thankful for the vultures that eat all the dead animals in our neighborhood. Actually she says she feels thankful for the entire decomposition process in general.
6. I'm also thankful for wipeys. You know there was a day when people had to use something else to wipe little baby bottoms. I wonder what they used.
7. Lastly, I'm thankful for Dr. Smith's diaper rash cream. I'm sure the little guys appreciate it, but if you will allow me to be somewhat transparent, I have found that every now and then it's soothing comfort makes my day a little brighter.
Well, Happy Thanksgiving.
Randy

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Well, I'd never pondered those particular items, but maybe I'll just have to include them on my list of things I'm-thankful-for-as-well this year, dear brother. Oh my . . .