Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas with the Browns

Uncle Cary and Isaac really get a kick out of each other! :)
Christmas with the Brown Family is always quite entertaining - never a dull moment! This year we had 4 dogs (2 of them 12-week-old puppies), 22 cousins, and 14 adults - and that's just the immediate family! Some of the coolest gifts were Uncle Alan's baseball bats that he made himself for all the boys. They are made of ash wood and have the names burned on them with a wood burning tool. Very special! Sorry, I don't have a pic of one right now. Cousin Alex got a sweet little teddy bear puppy and she was adorable! And the MOST entertaining part of the whole weekend was Randy's surgery on his oldest brother Tod - on the kitchen countertop. I haven't posted any of the gory pictures - actually, I wasn't taking that many pictures - but we all agreed that this was NOT what most families do when they get together for Christmas! Tod had a lipoma (just a harmless little tumor thing) in his neck and Randy borrowed some medical tools from an old highschool/college buddy and removed it - right there in his mom's kitchen. One of my nieces who really enjoys science and wants to be a doctor took the tumor home preserved in a small jar. There were several cameras and my daughter was video taping the whole thing. Yes, we're weird. But at least no one can say we're boring...

Grandma preparing the prime rib - that's a LOT of meat!

My sweet niece, Abby Claire.
All the kids preparing to watch Uncle Tod and Uncle Randy!



The surgery went well and Tod doesn't have a lump in his neck anymore!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Anda, I was wondering when you were going to write again. I can't believe that I went home just before all the fun started. I saw the surgery pictures that Rita took and thought that was so very cool. The funniest picture was of Ashley taking a picture with her hand held out holding a camera and her other hand over her mouth like she was going to gag. That is the funniest picture but the coolest is when he is actually pulling the tumor out. So cool. On another note, I just wanted to tell you that I so enjoyed seeing and being with your family. Your kids are some of my most favorite people in the world. Tell Isaac and the boys that walking the dog is not as fun without them. Tell Mckenna she did a wonderful job on the secret garden. I miss yall. And that is an understatement. Tell Mckenna next time she comes to bring the keyboard because I want to hear her play. I love yall. Melissa.

Kendra said...

I don't know . . .I'm thinking I might have been scared for life as a small child if I had watched my uncle get his neck cut open on a kitchen counter. Probably just me, but let me know if any of the kids start having night mares!! he!

I'm hoping we get to connect this next week - I could use some friend time with you!